Thursday 24 November 2011

River's Diary - Last Night

I can hear the Doctors voice, repeatedly saying breath, I can feel his hands all over me, he obviously has no clue what to do, at one point I think he is going to kiss me, sadly not. eventually he realises what i'm doing.


"River, your holding your breath!" he says crossly
I force my eyes open, grinning and shaking my head slightly.


"your a fine one to talk about holding! how many hands do you have?"
"Get up!What are you doing here?! who was shooting at you?!"
I spring to my feet with a gasp


"Oh, just a few Sontarans, chased me halfway accross the galaxy, i really shouldn't have asked them if they were on a hen night."
"River, you can't do things like that!
"Or what? you already had me banged up in jail for 5 years, what you gonna do?"
I grin flirtatiously and add;"spank me?"


I notice a dress hanging on a coat hanger. not a nice one, low cut, green - ish.


"doctor? have you brought someone else here? does anyone agree to wear that dress?! where is she?"
"River! think it through!" his voice echoes at the back of my mind, i'm unsure if the words actually came from his mouth or not.


"This happened the last time I was here, you brought someone else!"
"no i didnt!"
"yes you did, I heard you talking to her!"
"ITS THE SAME NIGHT!"

I'm not sure if he actually said that or it was my mind pointing out the obvious, either way I ignored it.


1ST RIVER!
"Doctor! were you talking to someone?!"
"no, just me!"

I didn't believe him of course, but there was obviously no one else in the TARDIS, as far as i knew anyway. I returned to the wardrobe.


OTHER RIVER!
"Were you talking to someone?!"
He asks as if slapped, "no, no, dear, just me. I can tell he's lying of course. I had heard voices. more than his.


3RD RIVER!
I enter the TARDIS with a smile


"You nostalgic idiot, you just can't keep away can you?

I notice a dress, identical to my own, suspicion arises inside me as I remember a while back when i had thought he had brought someone else into the TARDIS.


"Doctor? why have you bought another one of theese? Who else is here?"

He advances towards me, then looks around


"River? could you just check the light on top? I think the bulb needs changing!"

I blink in disbelief


"The bulb?"

He nods and I exit


OTHER RIVER!

"who were you talking to?!"
"YOU! I was talking to you!

oh, thats all i can think.


"Back to stormcage for you DR.Song."

He fiddles with my vortex Manipulater.


"Oh at least give me a lift? you know what this thing does to my hair!"
"Its always like that!"

I feel like slapping him, but soon I'm back in stormcage.


3RD RIVER!

"the lights fine, I don't know what your talking about!"

"NO RIVER! WRONG TARDIS! I parked round... the back"

Another Doctor appears behind me, I turn from one to another. mouth open momentarily


"Younger version" The latest arrival says


"TWO OF YOU! the mind races does it not.."
my mind thinks of thoughts I have to shake out my mind to stop myself from blushing.


"come on we'll be late!"
I remembered where we were originally heading.


"He's taking me to the singing towers of Darillium! He's been promising for AGES"
I do not notice the sad glance between them, I do not notice as their smiles falter into a frown, I do not hear their discussion of my death, Spoilers. I run to the other TARDIS not noticing any of theese. Not knowing my fate


1ST RIVER

I run in just to see another Doctor exit, exciting thoughts run through my mind, I try not to blush or giggle.


"There's two of you! The Mind races!"
"Come on you! let's go and see the stars"
"But I haven't changed!"
I look up at him.
"And you never will River, Never, ever."
A question bubbles in my mind
"what was the other you doing here?"
"sorry, can't say"
I smile 
"what's that word you use?"
"Spoilers"
"I lke that word"
"I thought you might
"Oh, Doctor, you and your secrets, you'll be the death of me!"

Little did I know....


No comments:

Post a Comment